Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 5 in Egypt!


Yesterday when I was with Jade I got proposed to stay in there home and actually experience how they live. I was really happy when they proposed that to me because I wanted to feel the experience... So I said I would be delighted. When it came to dinner I was shocked because they made a lot of food like if it was a big celebration. Jade told me that they do big dinners every time they have a guest in home. I said it's not like if I was the Queen of Persia. She just giggled... while we were all eating I saw that they had a lot of finger food meaning they eat with there fingers. They told me that if I didn't want to eat with my fingers I can do the Western style, but that if I prefer the Western style I have to hold the fork in the left and the knife in the right hand. They said that because I first messed mixed them up. The food was really different but very good. I noticed that in every meal they eat bread. They call the bread life; I think it is because in church they call the bread life so it has to do with their religion and Jesus. Another thing I noticed was that they NO meat. What they do eat is rice, bread, fish and stuffed vegetables but if they do eat meat it would be because they have a huge celebration. So, yesterday was a very nice day and today I'm planning to got to the spa with jade if they let her.... or I'll sneak her out of her house!

P.S did you know they drink NO alcohol, but they drink tea alot OH, and did you also know that lower class people eat meat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment